Wednesday 27 August 2008

A lucky Break

Before I started this year’s coverage during my holiday I was only going to be around for two weeks. But luck would have it that I managed to yet again achieve three weeks holiday.
If I hadn’t got the first week then I’d have missed running into my friends from Livewire Theatre Company.
Livewire have always inspired me. When you have a cast with elegantly dressed actresses in costume what else can you feel but inspired. Jess and her sisters along with the rest of the cast take over the High street. They fight; they fight for their place on the stages. Their stage fighting skills mastered over many years of performing. From my first memories of them on the High street promoting an outdoor production of King Arthur.
This year they were on the move a little more than normal as Fringe casts forming human tableau on the street were quickly moved on by the Fringe staff. A pity really as a cast standing in a quite group is a lot better than a rockus crowd infringing on everyone else’s space. But with Livewire productions when they were moving to the beat of their drum up and down the high street Livewire stopped drumming as they moved around the edge of street performers, respecting their stage as if it were their own. For that another five star review for their efforts on the street, as yet again for another year I didn’t manage in to see their shows.

No comments: